Dealing with specific problems:
- Translation from fixed glass to window that allow the person to go outside. (lack of railing or frames, pool used as invisible obstacle to avoid balustrade).
- Light transition, minimun threshold and semicovered protection.
- Invisible interior-exterior transition: Location of the glass (hidden frame is not so important, but the location of the glass to avoid reflections that indicate the limit between interior and exterior).
- Visual obstacles: roof (can be raise) and floor, which implies a problem for a wheelchair user.
- Conversion from prismatic threshold to new curved typologies inspired on rising sun shape.
Testing location of glass: inside threshold and on the interior:
CONCLUSION: GLASS HAS TO BE PLACED ON THE EXTERIOR
Threshold studies: testing 11 different threshold for tangency and light shade.